Can I also receive medical care in other EU countries?

The EHIC entitles you to necessary medical care in EU/EEA countries and Switzerland. You cannot use the EHIC in your country of residence.

Do you live in an EU/EEA country or Switzerland? Apply for an EHIC

Do you want to travel to another EU country specifically for medical treatment? If so, you need to obtain permission for this in advance. Do you only want to go there to buy medicines? You still need to obtain permission first. If you have not (or not yet) received this permission and still undergo treatment, or if you buy medicines without permission, there is a risk that you will have to cover the cost yourself.

Do you want more information?

You can find out more at I want to go abroad for medical treatment.

What are you searching for?

Tip: enter one or two words.

De website van het CAK maakt gebruik van cookies.

Wij kunnen u dan zo goed mogelijk helpen. Het accepteren van cookies zorgt ervoor dat deze website goed werkt en dat wij onze website steeds kunnen verbeteren.
Uiteraard zorgen wij goed voor uw privacy.