What do I pay for medical care received by my family members?

For family members aged 18 and above you pay a healthcare contribution to the CAK. This is a fixed contribution under the Healthcare Insurance Act (Zvw). This contribution is determined annually by the Minister for Health, Welfare and Sport.

The healthcare contribution is adjusted using the ‘country of residence factor’, as the costs of medical care differ from one country to another. What you ultimately pay therefore depends on the country you live in.

Please note

You pay the health insurance premium to your Dutch health insurer yourself. The income-dependent contributions are deducted from your income.

Last modified on 18 February 2021

What are you searching for?

Tip: enter one or two words.

De website van het CAK maakt gebruik van cookies.

Wij kunnen u dan zo goed mogelijk helpen. Het accepteren van cookies zorgt ervoor dat deze website goed werkt en dat wij onze website steeds kunnen verbeteren.
Uiteraard zorgen wij goed voor uw privacy.