What care are my family members entitled to in their country of residence?

Do your family members live in a treaty country and are they registered with a health insurance fund there? If so, they can ask that fund about the treatments and medicines that can be refunded.

Your family members do not have Dutch health insurance. This means that any healthcare costs they incur in their country of residence can only be claimed from the health insurance fund in that country. You cannot claim those costs from us.

I also live in a treaty country myself. What should I do?

If you incur healthcare costs yourself in your country of residence, you can claim those from your health insurance fund in that country. It may also be possible to claim them from your Dutch health insurer. This is because your Dutch health insurance also covers costs incurred abroad. You will find further information in the terms and conditions of your health insurance policy.

Do you want more information?

Read more on living abroad and working in the Netherlands

Last modified on 23 December 2020

What are you searching for?

Tip: enter one or two words.

De website van het CAK maakt gebruik van cookies.

Wij kunnen u dan zo goed mogelijk helpen. Het accepteren van cookies zorgt ervoor dat deze website goed werkt en dat wij onze website steeds kunnen verbeteren.
Uiteraard zorgen wij goed voor uw privacy.