Can my family members also receive treatment in the Netherlands?

Do your family members live in an EU/EEA country or Switzerland? If so, they are entitled to medical care in the Netherlands. This concerns care that forms part of the Dutch basic package. They can present their European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) to the doctor or hospital. Do they not yet have an EHIC? In that case they can apply for an EHIC online.

Please note: Do your family members live in North Macedonia? In that case they are entitled to medical care in the Netherlands, but are not eligible for an EHIC. If your family members require medical care in the Netherlands, contact the Foreign Law Group (Groep Buitenlands Recht) of the Zilveren Kruis. Telephone number: +31 33 445 6870.

More information

You can find out more at I want to go to the Netherlands for medical treatment.

On the Zilveren Kruis website you can see which care is refunded and what steps your family member needs to take

Last modified on 11 January 2021

What are you searching for?

Tip: enter one or two words.

De website van het CAK maakt gebruik van cookies.

Wij kunnen u dan zo goed mogelijk helpen. Het accepteren van cookies zorgt ervoor dat deze website goed werkt en dat wij onze website steeds kunnen verbeteren.
Uiteraard zorgen wij goed voor uw privacy.