I am going abroad for a traineeship. How will that affect my health insurance?

If you undertake a traineeship abroad, you cannot always remain insured in the Netherlands. This depends on the country you go to and whether you are paid for your traineeship. Please therefore always contact the Sociale Verzekeringsbank (SVB.nl/en). Ask them whether you will remain insured under the Long-Term Care Act (Wlz).

Insured or not under the Wlz?

I will remain insured under the Wlz

In that case you are obliged to have health insurance in the Netherlands. You also retain your right to a healthcare allowance.

I will no longer be insured under the Wlz

In that case cancel your health insurance as soon as possible. You should also immediately stop your healthcare allowance. Enquire in the country where you are undertaking your traineeship about the insurance you need to take out there.

What are you searching for?

Tip: enter one or two words.

De website van het CAK maakt gebruik van cookies.

Wij kunnen u dan zo goed mogelijk helpen. Het accepteren van cookies zorgt ervoor dat deze website goed werkt en dat wij onze website steeds kunnen verbeteren.
Uiteraard zorgen wij goed voor uw privacy.