Claiming EHIC related healthcare costs

If you fall ill on holiday, you may need care or medication. It happens that healthcare providers abroad (e.g. a doctor or pharmacy) do not accept your EHIC from the CAK. You will then have to pay directly to the healthcare provider. You can claim those costs from us. This applies only to medically necessary care. And only if you are on holiday in EU/EEA countries, the United Kingdom and Switzerland.
Please use the form Declaration costs of medical care of a treaty-entitled person (7-10-2021, pdf, 935 kB).

Please note

Do you have health insurance in the Netherlands? Apply before departure for a form 111 if your co-insured family members at the CAK live in other treaty countries such as Turkey. 

Have your family members still had to pay their own medical expenses? You can claim those costs from the CAK. The CAK lets you know whether these costs will still be refunded or whether you still have to pay them (partly) yourself.

What are you searching for?

Tip: enter one or two words.

De website van het CAK maakt gebruik van cookies.

Wij kunnen u dan zo goed mogelijk helpen. Het accepteren van cookies zorgt ervoor dat deze website goed werkt en dat wij onze website steeds kunnen verbeteren.
Uiteraard zorgen wij goed voor uw privacy.