Applying for an EHIC

You can request an EHIC from us if you:
  • are registered with the CAK as a treaty-entitled person and; 
  • reside in an EU/EEA country, Switzerland or the United Kingdom.  
By treaty-entitled persons we mean registered pensioners and beneficiaries (and family members) and family members of employees.

You apply for an EHIC using the online application form.

Every year you receive a new EHIC if you are still treaty-entitled. We'll automatically send it to you at the beginning of October if you have applied for the card in the previous 2 years. If not, you need to apply for the EHIC online. This is possible from October 15th.

How does applying for an EHIC work?

  1. You complete the application form.
  2. You receive a confirmation by email within 24 hours.
  3. We process your application.
  4. We contact you if there is a problem while processing it.
  5. We keep you informed about the progress of your application by email.
  6. You receive your (new) EHIC by post within 3 weeks.

You can start using your EHIC as soon as you receive it. The expiry date is indicated on the EHIC.

What are you searching for?

Tip: enter one or two words.

De website van het CAK maakt gebruik van cookies.

Wij kunnen u dan zo goed mogelijk helpen. Het accepteren van cookies zorgt ervoor dat deze website goed werkt en dat wij onze website steeds kunnen verbeteren.
Uiteraard zorgen wij goed voor uw privacy.