You apply for an EHIC using the online application form.
Every year you receive a new EHIC if you are still treaty-entitled. We'll automatically send it to you at the beginning of October if you have applied for the card in the previous 2 years. If not, you need to apply for the EHIC online. This is possible from October 15th.
How does applying for an EHIC work?
- You complete the application form.
- You receive a confirmation by email within 24 hours.
- We process your application.
- We contact you if there is a problem while processing it.
- We keep you informed about the progress of your application by email.
- You receive your (new) EHIC by post within 3 weeks.
You can start using your EHIC as soon as you receive it. The expiry date is indicated on the EHIC.