What is a healthcare contribution?

The healthcare contribution can be compared to the health insurance premium. You pay this contribution if your family members are entitled to medical care in their country of residence at the expense of the Netherlands. Your country of residence will settle the costs of their medical care with the Netherlands. The CAK collects, on behalf of the Netherlands, the healthcare contribution, which is sometimes referred to as the Zvw-contribution or foreign contribution.

Please note

The information below is for family members of employees. For information on the healthcare contribution for pensioners and beneficiaries and their family members, please check this page.

Once your family members are registered with us as treaty-entitled persons, you will receive an decision (letter). It states how much healthcare contribution you have to pay. After the end of each year, you will receive an annual statement

What are you searching for?

Tip: enter one or two words.

De website van het CAK maakt gebruik van cookies.

Wij kunnen u dan zo goed mogelijk helpen. Het accepteren van cookies zorgt ervoor dat deze website goed werkt en dat wij onze website steeds kunnen verbeteren.
Uiteraard zorgen wij goed voor uw privacy.